We would like to extend a huge congratulations to our Floriculture CDE Team! On Tuesday, four members participated in the virtual state CDE.
The results are in, and our students placed first at the state level! Individually, all four students placed in the top ten with Sophie placing 2nd, Justin placing 4th, Chris placing 7th, and Lily placing 9th.
In the Floriculture CDE, members:
- Judge classes of flowers, floral arrangements, and other plants to determine quality
- Take a 50-question written test about the floral and greenhouse industries
- Calculate fertilizer needs for and the parts-per-million present in a fertilizer mix
- Demonstrate knowledge of making floral arrangements so they are visually appealing and complete
- Identify plants by both common name and scientific name
- Identify landscape and floral equipment, insects, and plant diseases, deficiencies, and disorders
These students have earned the opportunity to represent Ohio this fall as part of the National FFA Convention & Expo.
This is the second year in a row our chapter was placed first at the state level in this CDE. This year’s team is entirely new from the top four scores on last year’s team.