Financial Aid banner

Financial Aid

Sources of Funding and How to Apply

Financial aid is available through several sources for qualified individuals. Each source of aid has its own specific guidelines concerning eligibility.

DACC Payment Plans - DACC offers all students an interest-free payment plan. DACC will set up a 4-payment system to spread the cost of tuition over the span of the program. The first payment (one-fourth) is due on or before the first day of class. The remaining three payments will be spaced evenly over the time remaining on the class calendar.

Short-Term Certificate Grants* – The Ohio Department of Higher Education has granted DACC money to award qualifying students with grants up to $2000 to help pay the tuition of the following programs:

  • Emergency Medical Technician

  • Firefighting I and II

  • Ohio Basic Peace Officer Training Academy

  • Welding (Full-Time)

Call Larry Weber at 740-201-3287 to begin the process of applying.  You will need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at*  For assistance completing your FAFSA, call 800-433-3243.

Second Chance Grant* – DACC participates in a program to award grants of up to $2000 for students who have “stopped out” (stopped attending) a college or university before receiving a degree or certificate of completion.  Get details by calling Larry Weber by calling 740-201-3287.  The eligible programs are the same as listed above for the Short-Term Certificate Grant.  You will need to file a FAFSA.*

Veterans Administration (VA)- Veterans can log onto the website at or call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) to check their eligibility and to apply. These benefits are available for applicable Basic Peace Officer, Firefighting I&II, EMT, and Full-Time Welding students.  For other VA questions please call 1-800-827-1000.

Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) - Disabled persons may qualify for training monies. DACC works with Ohio Rehabilitation Services (BVR) to assist qualified individuals with funding. Call 1-800-430-6940 to get started. 

Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) – WIOA provides funding for the unemployed, underemployed, single parent, economically disadvantaged, dislocated worker and other special needs individuals. To apply, call or visit the Ohio Means Jobs Office in your county:

Delaware County Job & Family Services
for WIOA & OMJ
145 North Union Street
2nd Floor
Delaware, OH 43015
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:15pm

Columbus-Franklin County Ohio Means Jobs
The Jerry Hammond Center

1111 East Broad Street, Suite 201
Columbus, OH 43205

Call: 614-559-5052
M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm

Union County-Marysville Ohio Means Jobs
Call 937-645-2018 or visit:
940 London Ave., Suite 1500
Marysville, OH 43040

Morrow County Jobs & Family Services

Call: 419-946-8480
619 West Marion Street, #16
Mt. Gilead, OH 43338
Call: 419-947-9111

Marion County

622 Leader Street
Marion, OH 43302
Call: 740-382-1080
8:00am - 4:30pm
For more information, visit the Marion County Job & Family Services website

 Assistance for dislocated workers (TRA/TAA/NAFTA) - Assistance is available to dislocated workers whose jobs have been sent overseas or were lost due to foreign competition. Contact the One Stop or Ohio Means Jobs Office in your county—see above.

State of Ohio Vocational Training Vouchers - We accept training vouchers from employees of the State of Ohio through the Union Education Trust. For more information and to request a training voucher: Call 866-436-7900 or Email: 

Private Scholarships - Various employers, foundations, and civic organizations offer scholarships that are eligible to DACC Adult Education students. To pursue this option, contact Larry Weber, Financial Aid Administrator at 740-201-3287. He will help you target the scholarship program most favorable to you and your situation. He will also provide coaching for processing your application.

Private Student Loans – As a last resort, student loans are available through private lenders.  You might check with local lenders such as banks or credit unions.

The only national loan source for students enrolled in short-term, non-degree programs is Sallie Mae.  To investigate and apply for a Sallie Mae student loan, go to and inquire about a “Smart Option Student Loan” or call 800-472-5543.  We strongly encourage you to contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance before committing to a loan program.  Call 740-201-3287.

*Please note: To keep tuition costs low, DACC has chosen to not participate in Title IV financial aid programs such as Pell Grants and Federal Student Loans.  However, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) if you plan to pursue a Short-Term Certificate Grant or Second Chance Grant.  It is required by the Ohio Dept. of Higher Education for those two programs.  A FAFSA can be completed online at and help is available by calling 800-433-3243.

If you would like to speak with an Adult Education Staff member regarding possible VA benefits and the various other programs available to you, Call: 740-201-3287.