This career pathway will teach you the math and science behind the industrial machinery used by professionals in order to repair, overhaul and assemble gas and diesel power-driven equipment.
In this program, you will get hands-on experience servicing air-cooled engines, lawn mowers, farm tractors, and motorcycles. Then you will use what you have learned to design, create, and produce parts using plasma cutting technology.
1610 State Route 521 | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact Administrative Assistant to the Enrollment Coordinator, Marsha Link at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
Power Sports and Diesel Technology I: $100.00
Power Sports and Diesel Technology II: $80.00
- Small engine repair and engine overhaul
- Diesel engine service and repair
- Lawn tractor service
- Brake repair and hydraulics
- Electrical service
- Multi-cylinder gas engines
- Fork lift operation training
- Air conditioning
- Power trains and transmissions
- Plasma cam cutter training
- Alternative fuels
- Earn local, regional and state recognition through FFA leadership competitions in the areas of industrial equipment troubleshooting and small engines.
- You will hear from professionals in the industry through field trips and guest speakers.
- Your instructors hold a fork lift certification.
- Earn your fork lift operator license after successfully completing written and performance testing. To earn a fork life certification, O.S.H.A. requires training, testing and a license. You will receive your license at age 18, but may operate equipment under supervision while in class.
- Fork Lift Operator
- Small Engine Certification
- Air Conditioning
Upon completion, you will be prepared to pursue employment in parts or lawn and garden service. With further education and training, you can become:
- An Industrial Machinery Technician
- A Maintenance and Repair Worker
- A Trailer or Golf Course Technician.
- A valuable employee in an automotive repair shop
- Business owner
- Justin Viers