Use investigative techniques to solve crime scenarios and to mediate and resolve conflicts while developing your mind and body using self-defense tactics and fitness training.Get hands-on experience in our workout facility, firing range, driving simulator and forensics lab.
In this 2-year program, you may become a Certified Security Officer with the Ohio Police Officer Training Academy (OPOTA). You will be ready to pursue law enforcement at a police academy or pursue criminal justice at a college or university.
Mark Warner, Law Enforcement Instructor
4565 Columbus Pike | Delaware, OH 43015
For general questions about DACC or to schedule a tour, contact Administrative Assistant to the Enrollment Coordinator, Marsha Link at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: South Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
Law Enforcement I: $91.00
Law Enforcement II: $158.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
This program is participating in the One to One Experience. A one-time fee of $182.50 to purchase a Chromebook will be waived if you are a returning student who has already participated in the One to One Experience or if you are bringing your own technology. Learn more about the One to One Experience.
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Research and analyze current trends and issues in public safety
- Experience criminal investigation and crime scene search
- Train in criminal and traffic law
- Practice interview, interrogations, and crisis intervention
- Develop knowledge of SWAT/K-9/bicycle unit
- Explore civil disorders and rules for criminal and court procedures
- Receive security training - personal, VIP, private
- Get hands-on experience in vehicle stops and approaches
- Enhance cultural sensitivity, telecommunications training and human relation skills
- Learn about internal loss protection
- Practice patrol procedures, self-defense techniques
- Understand terrorism and terrorist threats
- Crisis intervention training
- Develop your employability skills
- Take advantage of early job placement
- Make valuable contacts in the field through job shadowing
- Learn resume development and job interviewing techniques
- Get an edge on other high school graduates applying for the same position
- Earn up to 12 credits
- DACC has a good connection with colleges like Columbus State Community College, Hocking Technical College and Marion Technical College.
- DACC also has business partnerships with places like Delaware County Law Enforcement Agencies, Municipal and Juvenile Courts, Polaris Fashion Mall and U.S. Security and Associates.
- Delaware County Explorers
- Columbus Police Explorers
- Columbus State Community College
- Hocking Technical College
- Marion Technical College
- Earn up to 12 credits
- Office 2013 with focus on office usage
- 911 simulator
- Shooting and driving simulators
- Online communication for assignments
- Delaware County Law Enforcement Agencies
- Municipal and Juvenile Courts
- Polaris Fashion Mall
- U.S. Security and Associates
- State of Ohio Investigative Unit
- D.E.A. - Drug Enforcement Agency
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Work as an Airport Security Screener, Certified Security Officer, Correction Officer, Emergency Service Dispatcher or you can enter the military.
- With continued education, you can become a Criminal Investigator, FBI Special Agent, Parole or Probation Officer, Police Officer, Private Investigator or work for the State Highway Patrol.