Let your creativity flow in the only 3-year program offered at Delaware Area Career Center!
In this career pathway, you will gain hands-on knowledge of the essentials of engineering. From design, to 3-D modeling, to electronics, to manufacturing and mechanical foundations, this program will equip you for an entry into the engineering field.
4565 Columbus Pike | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact Administrative Assistant to the Enrollment Coordinator, Marsha Link at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: South Campus
Grade Level: Sophomore, Junior, and Senior
Engineering Technology I - $122.00
Engineering Technology II - $237.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Learn the engineering design process
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Create 2-D and 3-D sketches
- Learn Solidworks 3-D modeling software
- Shop safety
- Hands-on labs with 3-D Printing, CNC Milling, and other mediums for creating prototypes
- Robotics basics with VEX Robotics
- Advanced robotics with Fanuc and Motoman with opportunity for professional certification
- PLCs and ladder logic
- Hydraulic / Pneumatic systems
- Electro-mechanical components, and maintenance of electro-mechanical systems.
- Senior Project
- Opportunity to earn multiple professional certifications
- Opportunity to earn multiple college credit hours - FREE
- DC and AC Electronics
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Principles
- DC and AC Electronics Circuits
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Operations
This career pathway has been designed in partnership with area businesses and local universities. Successful completion of this program will culminate with an opportunity to earn considerable amounts of college credit while still in high school, as well as a pathway into paid internships and possible employment at area businesses such as Honda, Worthington Industries, Rimrock, and Autotool.
VEX Robotics Competitions
This program offers free college credit through an articulation agreement known as a CTAG, which stands for Career-Technical Assurance Guide. A CTAG works as guaranteed transfer credit to any state public college that offers that class. Students have the opportunity to earn the following CTAGs:
CTMET005 - CAD I & II
CAD I & II
DC & AC Electronic Circuits
CTEEET001 - DC Circuits
CTEET002 - Digital Electronics
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
CTEET003 - PLC
CTMET004 - MFG Process
- VEX Robotics
- 3D Printers
- Electrical and PLC trainers
- Various correlating lab technology
- Fanuc and Motoman robotics