Dental Assistants play an integral role on the dental team. They must be responsible, people oriented, self-motivated, and proud of their accomplishments.Patients rely on the Dental Assistant to be reassuring and empathetic while the Dentist requires professionalism, efficiency and accuracy. The training and experience you gain in the Dental Assisting career pathway will prepare you for this multi-layered and demanding career.
While dental assistant schools can cost thousands of dollars, as one of our students, you can earn your radiology certification from the Columbus Dental Society, your radiology license with the Ohio State Dental Board and earn your CPR Certification with the Red Cross.
4565 Columbus Pike | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact Administrative Assistant to the Enrollment Coordinator, Marsha Link at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: South Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
2017/2018 Fees Due to DACC:
Dental Assisting I: $226.00
Dental Assisting II: $175.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
This program is participating in the One to One Experience. A one-time fee of $182.50 to purchase a Chromebook will be waived if you are a returning student who has already participated in the One to One Experience or if you are bringing your own technology. Learn more about the One to One Experience.
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Creating impressions and molds
- Operating X-ray machines and mounting X-rays
- Developing chair side etiquette as part of a dental team.
- Dental terminology, materials, anatomy and physiology
- Microbiology, pathology, histology and morphology
- CPR and First Aid
- OSHA guidelines for infection control and sterilization
- Interviewing skills, administrative procedures and resume writing
- Prevention and patient education
- Laboratory procedures
- Chair side assisting
- Dental ethics/jurisprudence
- Pharmacology and pain control
- Attend field trips to area businesses
- Participate in job shadowing and opportunities for paid employment
- Learn from guest speakers
- Participate in youth club activities
- Develop leadership skills
- DACC has a great connection with Columbus State Community College
Health Occupations Students of America
Columbus State Community College
Ohio Dental Assistants Certification
Dental Assisting Radiographer License
Laptops for student use
Interactive Dental Office DVD
Online Communications for assignments
Dr. Craig Slack, Riverview Dental
Mr. Allan Thomas, Patterson Dental
Dr. Pham, Pinnacle Orthodontics
Upon completion, you will be able to work as:
- A Dental Assistant
- An Administrative Assistant
- A Sterilization Assistant
- A Receptionist
- A Dental Laboratory Technician
This program will prepare you to take the Ohio Dental Assistant Certification exam and the Radiology Certification test with the Columbus Dental Society. Upon passage, you can use the Certified Ohio Dental Assistant (CODA) credential. Preference will be given to students who have successfully completed Algebra I and Biology.
“This is an extremely comfortable and professional environment. The teachers are amazing and they care about you. There’s always something new to learn and there’s never a dull moment.”
- Julie Purdin
"I decided to come here because I enjoy the medical field and I know not everyone can get this kind of experience so early. I love it here. My whole class has become a second family to me."
- Selena Flournoy