The Delaware Area Career Center has partnered with Delaware Hayes High School, Big Walnut High School, and Columbus State Community College to offer high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college courses while still enrolled in high school.
With this dual enrollment course, students can explore business and management principles, earn college credits, and get a jump start on a college degree or business certifications.
You will focus on job-related skills in business management fields using a wide range of computer programs. You will gain experience in business by visiting local businesses, building professional relationships, and learning from instructors with real world business experience.
Big Walnut High School Business Management Instructor
555 Old 3C Highway
Sunbury, OH 43074
Delaware Hayes Business Management Instructor
289 Euclid Avenue
Delaware, OH 43015
Big Walnut High School
Delaware Hayes High School
Learn essential business skills and earn industry certifications working on:
- Business Management I – Jr. Year
- Microsoft Word I
- Microsoft Excel I
- Introduction to Business
Business Management II – Sr. Year
- Microsoft Word 2
- Microsoft Excel 2
- Personal Finance (Fulfills Financial Literacy credit requirements for high school graduation)
- Practical experience business management projects
This two year program will prepare you for a career in the business field with real hands-on experience while also completing your graduation course requirements.
- Save money while earning college credits in high school
- Learn about business management fields through participation
- You will become familiar with computer programs and equipment
- You graduate high school better prepared to start college
- Develop problem-solving, communication, critical thinking, and life skills
- Students are able to jump right into college work if they are ready, or have the safety net of the instructor to slowly transition into college level work independently.
Columbus State Community College
Junior Year – 2 elective credits
Senior Year – 2 elective credits
Columbus State – up to 16 credits
Microsoft Office computer programs
The program is designed for high school juniors and seniors. To receive college credit students must meet admission requirements of Columbus State including GPA and college readiness through placement tests. High School students can also take the class, receive the same instruction, and work to meet CSCC credit requirements so they can apply the following year.