Your skills will be in high demand as a Power Line Technician. Electric power, phone lines and cable television are an essential part of today's world.
You will receive an overview of the energy delivery system and basic electricity while you qualify to climb poles, learn the assembly of materials, and the proper use of tools and equipment.
Area employers understand the importance of hiring well-trained and experienced technicians. American Electric Power and Consolidated Electric are working closely with the Delaware Area Career Center to create a program that will produce students who are highly employable and trained under AEP’s and Consolidated’s guidelines.
Applicants must be physically fit and be able to pass a physical pre-assessment.
1610 State Route 521 | Delaware, OH 43015
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
2017/2018 Lab Fees Due to DACC:
Power Line Technician I: $244.00
Power Line Technician II: $211.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
This program is participating in the One to One Experience. A one-time fee of $182.50 to purchase a Chromebook will be waived if you are a returning student who has already participated in the One to One Experience or if you are bringing your own technology. Learn more about the One to One Experience.
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- On-the-job safety skills
- Electrical safety procedures
- Construction map reading skills
- Maintenance of right-of-ways
- Power pole/Tower Climbing and Master Rigging Techniques
- Heavy truck and power digger equipment operations
- Electrical equipment usage
- Proper usage and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Basic electrical test and generating equipment skills
- Electrical devices installation skills
- Power poles and anchors setting techniques
- Repair, maintenance, and installation of transmission and distribution lines
- Employability skills
- Cable Installer
- Communication Technician
- Independent Contractor
- Power Line Technician
- Street Department Lighting Crew Member
- Tree Trimmer