Experience this career pathway through designing, installing and maintaining unique residential and commercial landscapes.
You will learn and experience the art of preserving and enhancing the environment through landscape design. You will also gain experience with turf grass management, which involves the study of agronomy (plant and soil science) and its use in settings such as golf courses.
Explore business management and ownership as a lawn care specialist while applying an extensive knowledge of plans and creative design elements to construct patios, decks and recreational spaces.
4565 Columbus Pike | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
2017/2018 Lab Fees Due to DACC:
Landscape and Turfgrass Management I: $97.00
Landscape and Turfgrass Management II: $85.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
This program is participating in the One to One Experience. A one-time fee of $182.50 to purchase a Chromebook will be waived if you are a returning student who has already participated in the One to One Experience or if you are bringing your own technology. Learn more about the One to One Experience.
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Pest identification and management
- Plant identification, selection and production
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- FFA participation
- Business management
- Chemical safety and application
- Computer aided design
- Irrigation and drainage
- Landscape construction
- Golf course maintenance, organization and set-up
- Safety regulations, basic arboriculture and horticulture
- Greenhouse operations and small engines
- Plant and soil science and plant propagation
- Landscape contracting and design
- Turf identification, selection and management
You can earn your Skid Steer and Loader Certification and Join FFA, a student organization that offers:
- Professional conventions
- Leadership and horticulture contests
- Leadership conferences and camps
- Tours and the access to study related business and industry
- Tours of 4-year colleges
- Preparation for college horticulture studies, such as the OSU-AG Tech Institute
- Ohio Nursery Landscape Association Landscape Certification
- Small Engine Certification
- Skid Steer Loader Certification
Upon completion, you will be able to work as a Grounds Maintenance Worker, Landscape Technician, or Lawn Care Specialist. With advanced training and education, you can become an Arborist-Tree Technician, a Certified Landscape Technician, a Floral Designer or Manager, a Golf Course Superintendent, or a Greenhouse, Landscape or Nursery Manager.