Learning and working in our professionally equipped commercial kitchen will help you make informed decisions about your advanced education options and your future career in Culinary Arts.
Culinary schools can cost thousands of dollars, but the National Restaurant Association, local businesses, students and schools partner to offer you this 2-year program.
This fast-paced course requires you to think on your feet, troubleshoot complex issues and function as a team member. You will play a vital role in running our restaurant, including prep work, cooking, baking, artistic display, and management.
Many of our students graduate with a plan to become an executive chef or a restaurant owner.
1610 State Route 521 | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
Culinary Arts I: $341.00
Culinary Arts II: $168.00
- Gain experience preparing entrees, desserts and pastries with artistic presentation
- Plan, prepare and serve culinary experiences for upscale events and casual dining
- Operate a full-service restaurant open to the public
- Prepare for professional culinary programs, immediate employment and further education
- Do extensive online research for recipes, menus and nutrition information
- Practice kitchen basics
- Discover business math, food costs and accounting
- Become skilled in customer relations and marketing
- Design software to create menus
- Learn about purchasing and inventory
- Explore nutrition
- Practice sanitation and safety
- Learn from the history of food service
- Kitchen basics
- Salads and garnishes
- Desserts and baked goods
- Meat, poultry and seafood
- Soups and sauces
- Potatoes, grains, and breakfast foods
- Attend field trips to local restaurants
- Learn from guest chef speakers and job shadowing
- Earn national certifications
- Get real-life experience in our own restaurant
- Learn with hands-on activities such as identification and tasting labs, as well as specific cooking and baking techniques
- Win scholarships from national restaurants
- Earn college credit hours
Family Career and Community Leaders of America
- Columbus Culinary at Bradford
- Columbus State Community College
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Cincinnati State
- Johnson and Wales Culinary Institute of America
- Midwest Culinary Institute
ServSafe and Pro-Start
- Extensive online research for recipes, menus, and nutrition information
- Design software to create menus
- Virtual restaurant management
You will be prepared to enter the workforce as a Line Cook, a Shift Leader, or an Assistant Manager. With additional education and training, you can become a Food and Beverage Director, an Executive Restaurant Owner, a Chef, or a Pastry Chef. You can also pursue food/science research or become a Restaurant Manager.
“This class is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I went from having horrible grades to great grades because I love what I do here. It’s challenging, but I love the challenge. I’ve gotten phenomenal opportunities from attending DACC, such as from some of Central Ohio’s top restaurants, to country clubs and other job opportunities.”
- Michael Steiner
"Not everyone is certain what they want to do with the rest of their lives while they're still in high school, but if you even have a spark of interest in Culinary, this is the place to try it out. I wasn't sure when I came to DACC - now I'm finishing up my senior year and I haven't regretted a second!"
- Celina Nader