Become a vital part of a construction team in this 2-year career pathway.
You will apply math, science, communication and team building skills to work on large and small construction projects, from beginning to end. Your experiences throughout the year will prepare you to build a home from the ground up with your class.
(740) 203.2235 | ScottG@DelawareAreaCC.org
1610 State Route 521 | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
Construction Technology I - $261.99
Construction Technology II - $256.99
- Basic safety
- Construction math
- Proper use of hand tools and power tools
- Blueprint reading
- Wood building materials, fasteners and adhesives
- Floor systems
- Wall and ceiling framing, windows and exterior doors
- Practical experience with new residential construction application
- Learn about the construction trade through participation
- Attend field trips to area businesses
- Hear guest speakers from the industry
- Earn awards for good attendance and grades
- Build a complete house on site
- Participate in hands-on experiences in real community service projects
- Participate in SkillsUSA where you can win local and national recognition
- Participate in apprenticeship opportunities during your junior year in affiliation with Ohio State Apprenticeship Council and the Federal Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training www.obes.org/apprenticeship.htm
- Visit colleges to learn about construction management
- National Center for Construction Education and Research
- National Association of Home Builders
- 10 hours of OSHA Certificate
- Skid Loader Certification
Upon completion, you will be able to work as a Construction Equipment Operator, a Construction Laborer, a Framer or Trim Carpenter, or a self-employed construction worker.
With more education, you can become an Architectural Engineer or a Construction Supervisor or Site Manager.
“Since I took this class, I have been able to work with the same tools that construction professionals use and I’ve already been able to do some work for a construction company. These experiences will give me a head start when I attend Columbus State next year.”
- Eric Ullom
"DACC's Construction Program is a great way to prepare for your future. The projects we work on are the same things we'll be doing once we graduate. I've even found employment through the work I've done in this program, so I'm already a step ahead of others who want to get a job in this field."
- Tim Bines
"Mr. Scott is the best teacher. He makes class a lot of fun and you'll get some really great experiences, both in class and at job sites."
- Dylan Caldwell
"There's nothing like going to school every day and working on something you love. We have a great time in our lab, but we also learn five times as much about our career field as we would in a traditional classroom setting. DACC has really helped me prepare for my career with hands on experiences and certifications."
- Brad Shields