In the Automotive Technology career pathway, you will have the chance to apply critical thinking skills as you troubleshoot real world problems in our fully equipped automotive diagnostics lab.You will learn through experience, working on complex systems in both foreign and domestic cars, both donated and from clients of the community.
The Automotive Technology program is certified by NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) and the educational division of ASE (Automotive Service Excellence). We meet all NATEF requirements for tasks, tools, equipment, hours and instructor qualifications.
Specific colleges find our students to be valuable assets in their programs and recruit out of our class:
- Columbus State Community College
- Lincoln Technical Institute and Nashville Auto Diesel College
- Ohio Technical College
- Sinclair State Community College
- University of Northwestern Ohio
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
2017/2018 Lab Fees Due to DACC:
Automotive Technology I: $278.50
Automotive Technology II: $82.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
This program is participating in the One to One Experience. A one-time fee of $182.50 to purchase a Chromebook will be waived if you are a returning student who has already participated in the One to One Experience or if you are bringing your own technology. Learn more about the One to One Experience.
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Intern with Master Technicians at local automotive service centers
- You will be able to participate in field trips to Honda Manufacturing and area dealerships
- Learn from guest speakers
- You will earn a chance to compete in the national SkillsUSA, and Ford/AAA Skills competitions
- You will have the opportunity to take part in the AYES Internship Program
- Job shadowing
- Multiple automotive college opportunities
- Skills USA
- SNAP-ON Tools
- Automotive Youth Educational System
- ASE - Automotive Service Excellence
- ASE Student Certification
- ASE Technician, pending 1 year of additional on-the-job training
- ASE Refrigerant Certification
- SANP-ON DMM Certification
- Identifix, All Data computer reference systems
- Computerized testing equipment for
- scanning on-board vehicle computer systems.
- Use of newer, high tech vehicles for repair.
- procedure demonstrations and explanations.
- Alternative Fuel/Hybrid vehicles
- On-line training classes