The National Technical Honor Society is a nationally recognized, selective organization dedicated to the promotion and recognition of student excellence.
The purpose of the National Technical Honor Society is
- To create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, and develop character.
- To promote service, leadership, honesty, career development and skilled workmanship.
- To reward student achievement.
- To encourage and assist student education and career goal setting.
- To promote a stronger linkage between career technical institutions and business/industry.
- To promote the image of career technical education in America.
Eligibility for membership:
Students interested in applying for membership in the National Technical Honor Society must complete the attached application and meet the following initial eligibility criteria. The appropriate student grade cards and/or transcripts must be submitted by the student with the application.
- All students must be enrolled in a junior or senior level workforce development program for at least one full semester at the Career Center and display competent character, citizenship, leadership and professional ethics.
- All students must have earned a first semester GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Further grade eligibility requirements for Level One students include:
- Must have an A or A- 1st semester average in the Career Tech Program of enrollment.
- Must have a B or better average in all academic/program classes each term with no semester exam grade below a C.
- Further grade eligibility requirements for Level Two students include:
- At the end of the Level One year must have earned a final program grade of A or A-, and a final grade of B or better in each academic class.
- Must have an A or A- 1st semester average in the Level Two program of enrollment.
- Must have a B or better average in all current academic classes each term with no semester exam grade below a C.
Final Selection Process:
Following receipt of initial applications, counselors will verify grade eligibility and compile attendance records (only unexcused absences will be counted). Candidates who have served time out of class for discipline will not be considered. The application components for each student provided will be given a point value by the NTHS Faculty Selection Committee. These totals will be combined for a total student score. A minimum score of 150 must be earned for a student to be selected for this honor.
Applications are available in the DACC Guidance Office.
The 2016 NTHS Induction Ceremony will be held at The Delaware Area Career Center, North Campus on May 5th at 7:00pm.